Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
This tour was scheduled last month but was cancelled due to lack of communication. Anyway, I'm so glad it had pushed through. It was so much fun...take a look at the pix!
First stop was at Welcare Eye Center, we were oriented to the staff and also to the different areas in the clinic. This clinic has state-of-the-art equipments and technologies and very accommodating staffs.
Intimately close with a not-s0-happy camel lol, good thing he can't move!
Kissed by a falcon...cute kaayo no? hehehe
Under Dubai sea, sa mailad lang heheheDubai treasures, kalami ipang sulod sa bag hehehe
JUMEIRAH MOSQUEAngayan ko guys??? Women should cover their hair before entering the mosque.
See that screen on the lower left corner? That's their computerized Quoran (tama ba ang spelling? hehe) bongga no???
Can you believe that this paradise is for free??? Yes you can swim all you want and no one will ever ask you to pay a single cent.
I'm sure you're as tired as I am as you browse this post, but I do hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did! Thanks guys for visiting my blog.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Jam even if we're far apart, I am celebrating with you on your most special day. I know you're happy together with our family, and with that I feel happy too. My wish for you are good health, safety, and that you grow up with a good and kind heart.
I miss you so much baby and I love you beyond words could ever describe. Stay strong and keep the faith...
I love you sooooo much,
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
- Specimen submission (urine & stool) and extraction (blood)
- Chest X-ray
- Complete physical exam (yup gipabulikat jud dai hehehe)
- Psychometric Exam (kay bisan psycho killer diay ka!)
Full Medical Check-up - PHP 990
*Actually the Medical Exam can be completed in just one day...the delay is on the issuance of the medical certificate.
A week prior to my ME, I abstained from alcoholic beverages (but the temptations were at the highest level!), had a balanced diet, & adequate rest (??? LOL).
In the afternoon of Feb. 28, 2008 I underwent the above process (in correct & exact order hehehe murag sweepstakes) @ St. Peter Paul Medical Clinic. Then after a long wait, I had my certificate on the morning of March 5.
Here are the timelines...
- November 6, 2007 - I browsed the net (specifically looking for healthcare jobs in Dubai) & I came across Welcare Hospital (www.welcarehospital.com). Then I registered my CV in their online career database.
- November 16, 2007 - I received an email from them that they have vacancy for an HCA position. I submitted my application on that same day through their online hiring system.
- December 31, 2007 - I received a call from Welcare HRD & I had my initial interview. Ms. Charina later told me that I was shortlisted and is due for a final panel interview on the 2nd of January 2008. I was never more excited!
- January 2, 2008 - As scheduled, I was interviewed by Ms. Jenny (Pediatric Nurse Manager) & Ms. Celestine (Pediatric Head Nurse). The interview went well & I know deep in my heart that I got the job.
- January 4, 2008 - I received an email from WCH offering me the job. It further stated that I should prepare my hiring documents such as College Diploma (authenticated), TOR, Passport, and 20 pcs passport size photos.
- January 18, 2008 - The provisional offer (preliminary contract) was sent to me by Ms. Charina. I signed it, scanned (thanks a lot to Ate Amie!!!), & emailed it back to her the following day together with the scanned copy of my HS & College Diploma and TOR for Degree Verification (which is needed for VISA processing).
- February 21, 2008 - I held my UAE Employment Visa in my hands with mixed emotions (best actress ang drama hehehe)
- February 22, 2008 - I went to POEA to start the direct hiring process (they call it name hire). In fairness di kaayo taas ang pila!
- February 28, 2008 - I attend Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) held @ OWWA office located at Monteverde St., Davao City. The seminar is scheduled for 3 hours from 8am-11am.
- February 28, 2008 - I started my medical examination @ St. Peter Paul Medical Clinic @ 1 in the afternoon. It was quite an experience! Although the staff were very nice & accomodating the place was NOT! It was because they just transferred to that new location & the place was really still amess. And it took me 5 working days to get my medical certificate.
- March 5, 2008 - Finally I had all my requirements ready & was finally issued my Exit Clearance (you need to present this at the airport if you're leaving the country on an employment visa) by POEA.
- March 6, 2008 - I received my e-ticket from WCH for Manila-Dubai flight 12:20am March 9, 2008 Emirates Airlines.
- March 8, 2008 - This is really it! Time to say goodbye for now to my baby JAM, my family, & my friends. Flight for Davao-Manila 7:30am PAL.
- March 9, 2008 - After almost 9 hours of air travel, however bumpy it had been, @ 5am we finally landed at Dubai International Airport safely (thank GOD).
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask me...have a nice day!