Anyway, working as a healthcare assistant is not that hard. These are some of my responsibilities in pediatric ward and NICU:
- Bedmaking (chambermaid ang feeling hehehe)
- Giving newspaper (pero di ko naga bike ha!)
- Checking if equipments (i.e. incubators, IV & Syringe Infusion pumps, refrigerators, etc.) are working
- Taking vital signs and plotting to chart
- Feeding premature neonates
- Responding to patient's call
- Regulating and discontinuing IV infusions
- Retrieving medications from pharmacy
- Maintaining sufficient ward and NICU stocks and supplies
- Sending specimen to laboratory and follow up results
- Ensuring that equipments are clean and ready to use
For 3 weeks I'd be on a 5-day/week 10hours/shift duty. My off is on a weekend (Friday & Saturday ilang weekend diri hehehe). Then after that 12 hours per shift na, 4 days a week akong work with day and night rotations.
So long mga frens, I'll just keep you posted. Miss you all!!!