Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How Did I Get Here...

I know quite a few people (especially my friends) want to know how I managed to land a job here in Dubai @ a minimal expense. Well I hope this will help.

Here are the timelines...

  • November 6, 2007 - I browsed the net (specifically looking for healthcare jobs in Dubai) & I came across Welcare Hospital (www.welcarehospital.com). Then I registered my CV in their online career database.
  • November 16, 2007 - I received an email from them that they have vacancy for an HCA position. I submitted my application on that same day through their online hiring system.
  • December 31, 2007 - I received a call from Welcare HRD & I had my initial interview. Ms. Charina later told me that I was shortlisted and is due for a final panel interview on the 2nd of January 2008. I was never more excited!
  • January 2, 2008 - As scheduled, I was interviewed by Ms. Jenny (Pediatric Nurse Manager) & Ms. Celestine (Pediatric Head Nurse). The interview went well & I know deep in my heart that I got the job.
  • January 4, 2008 - I received an email from WCH offering me the job. It further stated that I should prepare my hiring documents such as College Diploma (authenticated), TOR, Passport, and 20 pcs passport size photos.
  • January 18, 2008 - The provisional offer (preliminary contract) was sent to me by Ms. Charina. I signed it, scanned (thanks a lot to Ate Amie!!!), & emailed it back to her the following day together with the scanned copy of my HS & College Diploma and TOR for Degree Verification (which is needed for VISA processing).
  • February 21, 2008 - I held my UAE Employment Visa in my hands with mixed emotions (best actress ang drama hehehe)
  • February 22, 2008 - I went to POEA to start the direct hiring process (they call it name hire). In fairness di kaayo taas ang pila!
  • February 28, 2008 - I attend Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) held @ OWWA office located at Monteverde St., Davao City. The seminar is scheduled for 3 hours from 8am-11am.
  • February 28, 2008 - I started my medical examination @ St. Peter Paul Medical Clinic @ 1 in the afternoon. It was quite an experience! Although the staff were very nice & accomodating the place was NOT! It was because they just transferred to that new location & the place was really still amess. And it took me 5 working days to get my medical certificate.
  • March 5, 2008 - Finally I had all my requirements ready & was finally issued my Exit Clearance (you need to present this at the airport if you're leaving the country on an employment visa) by POEA.
  • March 6, 2008 - I received my e-ticket from WCH for Manila-Dubai flight 12:20am March 9, 2008 Emirates Airlines.
  • March 8, 2008 - This is really it! Time to say goodbye for now to my baby JAM, my family, & my friends. Flight for Davao-Manila 7:30am PAL.
  • March 9, 2008 - After almost 9 hours of air travel, however bumpy it had been, @ 5am we finally landed at Dubai International Airport safely (thank GOD).

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask me...have a nice day!

No comments: