Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Dubai Metro



The much awaited Dubai Metro is ab
out to be launched this 9th of September (09-09-09). Nice numbers, do you think they'd consulted a feng shui expert regarding the launching date? Well, I do hope these are pretty lucky numbers as they seem to be. I can't wait to know what this ever famous train has to offer me. Especially now that I'm not using our hospital transport any more. I've been commuting using public buses for a month now. Well, it's not so bad, I just have to walk extra steps to get to work and to my home.
Do you know that the interiors of the stations are uniquely designed by adopting themes based on one of the four elements of nature: water, air, fire and earth? There will be a total of 12 earth-themed stations, 13 water-themed stations, 11 air-themed stations and 11 fire-themed stations. Actually I've read this article in Gulf News. They are just so creative, I wonder how many million dirhams they have to spend in just one spectacularly designed station.


One extravagant station

No comments: